Inner Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Forsaken Realm
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sylas The Void Master
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 am by DanTheBandit

» Silver Wings
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 am by Guest

» Gary Manefc (WIP)
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm by Milocross

» Dante Banes
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Luka_D

» Shane Wolfhart
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Shiangelic

» Snow Cat Info
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm by Stya

» Guess Who's Back?
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 am by Angelo Aella

» A Day in Class (open to all)
COMPLAINT (Stats) EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 pm by Tom Bluemann

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

COMPLAINT (Stats)

5 posters

Go down

COMPLAINT (Stats) Empty COMPLAINT (Stats)

Post by Shrade Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:27 am

So this if for the recent post on stats and traits, more for the stats since i see traits as nothing bad to help make your character but I find the stats in a way limiting for peoples creativity. Do you think someone will want to make a human if they see those stats, mind you the traits also are kinda opposite of the stats. If anything i find these stats to be a pointless act to sate those that have the need to justify why they are above other characters when imaginary values shouldn't determine battles but the skill of the person who is using the character, it's kinda unfair if someone gives it their all and use their human with skill against something such as a demon and the demon barely does anything and just swings his sword killing the human instantly. I as well as others would find that complete bullshit not to mention a handful of the characters right now ARE human, I personally find these stats limiting to the point where any thread i make will not follow these stat rules since they seem arbitrary to the concept of being creative in an rp.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

COMPLAINT (Stats) Empty Re: COMPLAINT (Stats)

Post by Sena Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 am

I completely agree. It's really pointless to have this. And it's totally unfair. I, as a human, would feel like I can't use my RP skills if I am so weak compared to the other races. And when people see it they would probably want to be angels or demons only and then there wouldn't be a point to have diversity. And if not only those two, nobody would want to be a human which would make this site loose its reality. I don't know how else to describe it other than people might not have as much interest and cannot relate.
Sena
Sena

Back to top Go down

Post by Kosovo Misogi Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Ok, Shrade instead of fucking complaining, do something. All I've seen you do is complain, no actual action or system. On the other hand, the system was there for a general reference. Yes there are a power difference on the site with the Races, that's even a thing when you look at the story and the descriptions. Not to mention that the stats are strictly base physicality, those do not affect what abilities you make or the way you play your skill. Yes these stats may seem 'limiting' to you but its a way to make fighting a little bit more balanced in a sense that you get a general idea of what they move at and how strong they are.
Kosovo Misogi
Kosovo Misogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm

As well as these stats I feel that the idea of stats will just steam roll more and more because of arguments that'll stem from these stats. It'll most likely go into weapon stats and such and then armor stats, then armor creation then power stats and it'll just steam roll making this place less of an RP forum and more of just a place to argue about whose inmaginary numbers are better. I mean honestly if i wanted to play a game where I could just fight based on numbers I'd go and play WoW. I rp for the creativity not to let numbers and stats dictate how likely my character will win in a fight.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Asukas opinion on stats

[13:29:30 25/06/14] Asuka : OH YES THE STATS!!!!!!!!!
[13:29:53 25/06/14] * Shrade is not sure if that's sarcasm
[13:30:37 25/06/14] Asuka : i just dont get it.
[13:30:38 25/06/14] Tom Bluemann : eh *shrugs*
[13:31:14 25/06/14] Shrade : it's basically to justify why humans are punching bags even though most people have a human character
[13:32:48 25/06/14] Asuka : it is Goku vs. Superman. the people who wanted Goku to win clung to him and were like he just teleported away even though if he was killed he wouldnt have been defeated.
[13:33:03 25/06/14] Shrade : yup
[13:33:09 25/06/14] Shrade : all of yup
[13:33:31 25/06/14] Shrade : that's why i started my complaint thread so people can throw their opinion on it in there as well
[13:33:47 25/06/14] Tom Bluemann : meh
[13:34:53 25/06/14] Asuka : and the people who wanted Superman to win were like he couldnt have teleported away and he would have never won do to him not being nearly as strong as Superman.
[13:36:12 25/06/14] * Shrade finds this the first time he has ever saw eye to eye with asuka
[13:36:25 25/06/14] Asuka : then they complained and got a "Stat" chart to compare the two's power.

(Time gap due to confirmation from Asuka on the quote and such)

[13:58:43] Asuka : then the "Stat" chart was inaccurate because they got what Goku's power when he was going to fight Nappa and Bulma's guy instead.
[13:58:49] Asuka : oops.
[13:58:55] Nikolai Forge : ^
[13:59:08] Asuka : instead of when he was at his full power*
[13:59:33] Shrade : so your basically saying that regardless it's gonna be a huge mess
[13:59:36] Zero : Vegeta?
[14:00:20] Nikolai Forge : Demons seem to be the strongest in terms of Strength.
[14:00:29] Asuka : yes i am Shrade.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurei Natsumori Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:30 am

As I mainly Rp as a Human. I say that I don't mind the stats. Humans win with numbers because there are man of us. Not to mention we can create technology whereas the others do not focus on it. I ,myself, am devoting my character Lloyde to create advantages for the humans with study on races, powers, and writing known users abilities in his home. It is currently in the making and I hope to have it accessible and seen by only humans. I see the stats as a challenge to make races overcome their mere limitations.
Kurei Natsumori
Kurei Natsumori

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteel Runastia Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:28 pm

i'd rather remove stats all together - as each individual character is unique.
Asteel Runastia
Asteel Runastia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum