Inner Heart
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Forsaken Realm
Jinyas Eyes EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:23 pm by Guest

» Sylas The Void Master
Jinyas Eyes EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:35 am by DanTheBandit

» Silver Wings
Jinyas Eyes EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 2:31 am by Guest

» Gary Manefc (WIP)
Jinyas Eyes EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm by Milocross

» Dante Banes
Jinyas Eyes EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Luka_D

» Shane Wolfhart
Jinyas Eyes EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:21 pm by Shiangelic

» Snow Cat Info
Jinyas Eyes EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm by Stya

» Guess Who's Back?
Jinyas Eyes EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 am by Angelo Aella

» A Day in Class (open to all)
Jinyas Eyes EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 pm by Tom Bluemann

Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Jinyas Eyes

3 posters

Go down

Jinyas Eyes Empty Jinyas Eyes

Post by Shrade Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:08 am

Name of Power: Reveal
Image of what it does: His eyes shine a different color as he looks at his target and maintains his focus on them and their abilities, after a few seconds of it he has revealed the mysteries behind one of the powers of his opponent being able to manipulate/redirect/use it.
Strengths: Total redirection/manipulation/use of 1 characters power at a time as well as being able to negate all use of that power against him. (20* post duration)
weaknesses: Can only affect one power of a character at a time. has a long cooldown of 30 posts total from the time that reveal ends

Name of Power: Mimic
Image of what it does: Jinyas knowledge of a revealed power allows him to create a stronger copy of it using his own power.
Strengths: Copy of the power that is stronger than the original
weaknesses: Can only be used when reveal has happened on an opponent, cuts down the duration by half with each time the power is mimiced.

*= Can be reduced to 10
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Jinyas Eyes Empty Re: Jinyas Eyes

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:33 am

I like it...

It appears OP, but the limits are actually fair. Just a question for clarification's sake: You 'forget' the spell's specifics after reveal has worn off, right?
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:34 am

Yup once the duration is over he no longer can do anything with the spells he may know a bit more about how they work but he can't do anything about it or use the.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:42 am

Haku, you can post your opinions here rather than chat.
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Takashi Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:53 am

I see only one MAJOR thing with this ability, and something that I THOUGHT everyone agreed on from the start (So I put this more on Caitlin than you Shrade for not being here from the start.) Its the fact that he can " Total redirection/manipulation/use of 1 characters power at a time as well as being able to negate all use of that power against him" Negate the spell. Yes for some this would be a problem, not to mention most of the people can hardly fight WITHOUT there abilities.

There is also the point of "How does one copy and learn the abilities, spells, and powers that are not really copieable(not even a word I know)." Perfect example would be my Human Character, Kosovo. I made him to be somewhat of a breakthrough in the way of Human Science. His power comes form blood crystals implanted in him. Another example would be Axium. His powers are all genetic EXCEPT for one, which is his weakness mind you. How would one be able to manipulate, or negate something that one does not have the genetic code to perform.

Now on to examples that aren't me. Lets look at Zinres and her powers. A perfect example would be here AB mode. This was only achieveable through the mixing of both Vampire and Demon blood. Then there are her energy waves, and again same thing. How would you be able to do these things WITHOUT the same blood.

Its these kinds of things that makes these kinds of powers difficult to both make and use. And again, I'm more setting onto the notion of its abilities to "Manipulate, direct, and negate" more so than the ability to learn about the moves. I hope this sheds some light onto my deli ma and show why I'm skeptical of these abilities.
Haku Takashi
Haku Takashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:00 am

Lets be short about this cause i think i see what worries you, self boosts such as buffing your character through forms and such will not negate it on you but it'll be not as useful on him basically instead of major stat buffs against anyone else, against him it wouldn't be as much.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Takashi Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:04 am

Its not forms, its just origins of abilities really. If it was a standard magical ability created, like my Magius Prisma that would require teachings from a person, then I would be ok in that sense. Its when we come to the notion of genetical or inherited abilites that this Eye comes into a somewhat conflicting matter. Like I said in chat, there would be a very limited amount of abilites that you could use from me, the only two being Haku's Prisma Magius that would be ineffective without the wind and Axium Stage 1 Fire Manipulation. They is also the factor that I believe that the site isn't ready for this kind of ability to be used in a fight. Yes I'm doubting the site, but they can't even handle me and are somewhat afraid to fight me, I can't see them being able to handle this.
Haku Takashi
Haku Takashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 am

How about mimic only works on learned skills, like literal spells, but then he has another spell that basically halves the buff of his opponent?
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Haku Takashi Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:21 am

Its not Mimic thats the problem, its Reveal, the one that actually negates and manipulates.
Haku Takashi
Haku Takashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:22 am

Manipulating and negating are two different things. At close range, he wouldn't have the time to redirect it.
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 am

The negating bit should be removed...
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrade Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:26 am

negate cannot stop ultimate abilities or buff enhancements, but such things as imbuing your weapons with a power he could grab onto the weapon and negate that, nor can negate stop the power from being used, it's basically stopping its effects on him.
Shrade
Shrade

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 am

We've had problems in the past with Negating. Manipulation is okay, but negating needs tight reins and weaknesses. Like a time limit and range limit...
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:45 am

Change negate to manipulate and we'll have ourselves a deal, k?
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyss Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:46 am

Naw, just f it.

Be responsible.

I hate arguing, so approved.

Misuse it and you'll have Haku to deal with. >.>
Alyss
Alyss

Back to top Go down